A Perfect Partner for Your Career Advancement
At LA ORT College our students, faculty and staff are hard at work earning new degrees, improving our degree programs and helping students succeed. With Thanksgiving just around the corner, though, today is a great day to share the news of LA ORT receiving recognition for our successful efforts!
The South Bay Workforce Investment Board (SBWIB) provides financial assistance to students participating in the federal Workforce Investment Act, which “offers a comprehensive range of workforce development activities through statewide and local organizations.” The SBWIB “strives to assist students in becoming productive members of society and achieving their goals.”
At its 18th Annual Awards Breakfast on October 31st, SBWIB honored LA ORT College and our Van Nuys campus for the 100% Job Placement Rate of SBWIB-funded students in our AAS Medical Office Management Degree Graduates. That’s right, every single one found a job in their field!
Jesse Valasco, LA ORT’s Sr. Admissions Representative (pictured above), and Gus Aragon, Sr. Admissions Representative from our Van Nuys campus, proudly accepted the award on our behalf.
Great News From Every Program
Our Medical Office Management graduates aren’t the only ones to enjoy success. From July 1, 2012 to June 30, 2013:
- Overall, LA ORT College had a graduation rate of 83% and a Job Placement Rate of 84%, much higher than the national average!
- Our CADD program (which we recently upgraded into a full AAS Computer Aided Drafting and Design Degree) and our Computer Graphics & Desktop Publishing programs both enjoyed 100% Completion and 100% Job Placement Rates!
- Our AAS Degree in Accounting had a Completion Rate of 91% and a Job Placement Rate of 88%!
We Go the Extra Mile With You
How do we achieve such high Job Placement Rates? Our employment preparation course helps students prepare a professional resume and sharpen their interview skills. We start training students for their career search as soon as they begin their studies. Then, graduates work directly with the College’s Career Services Officer to develop strategies that maximize their employment opportunities.
- Many programs include an externship that provides on-the-job training. There is no cost for employment assistance, nor is any fee charged to graduates or employers for use of this service.
- Our Job Placement Department can connect employers to a highly trained individual ready to contribute to their company.
If you’d like to learn more about our award-winning degree programs, financial assistance, or how LA ORT College helps students even after they graduate, please contact us today!