Mission, History & Approvals
ORT’s mission is to meet the educational and vocational needs of diverse students in the shortest time possible in a supportive, caring atmosphere. Further, the mission is to provide the technical skills and knowledge necessary for employment and career advancement.
Success is measured by meeting or exceeding student, employer, and community expectations, and is shown by continued referrals and recommendations, employment of our students and pride in the accomplishments of ORT among the community and the pool of volunteers.
Philosophy and Objectives
Los Angeles ORT College is committed to providing an educational environment that enhances students’ ability to fulfill career goals, encourages the development of the total person, and provides direction for students seeking further education. Los Angeles ORT College strives to provide the highest caliber education to men and women who have the desire and discipline to improve their lives through learning new skills, knowledge, and college degrees in the fields of Business, Medical, Computer Technology and English language. As the only Jewish-sponsored career college in the West, Los Angeles ORT College also seeks to foster and preserve culture and heritage through its curricula.
Los Angeles ORT College prepares students for careers in technology and business, in accordance with the following objectives:
- To provide the technical skills and knowledge necessary for employment and career advancement.
- To develop professional attitudes, work habits, self-discipline, confidence and communication skills required for work and living.
- To integrate general educational courses that foster a lifelong interest in professional and humanistic learning.
- To provide all students with an opportunity to obtain a quality education in the technical or business program of their choice.
- To provide English language skills necessary for employment and adjustment to life in a new country and culture.
- To increase student awareness and sensitivity to other cultures through a supportive environment.
Los Angeles ORT College, a non-profit organization, is part of the global network of ORT colleges in 64 countries, with enrollments close to 300,000 students. With more than 800 educational centers worldwide, ORT is the largest non-governmental education system in the world. The first ORT college was established in 1880 in Russia and since then World ORT has dedicated itself to promotion of education and employment training in the communities that it serves.
In the USA, Los Angeles ORT College was established in 1985 and since then it has expanded its services by offering diploma and accelerated associate degree programs in Allied Health, Technology and Business related occupations with high employment demand.
Accreditation and Approvals
Los Angeles ORT College is recognized by the following agencies:
- Approved by the U.S. Department of Education to participate in Title IV programs.
- Approved by the State of California’s Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE).
- Approved by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security to enroll international students.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET).
- Approved by the Department of Veteran Affairs to enroll students under GI bill.
- Approved by California’s Workforce Investment Board (WIB)