How to Apply for F-1 Student Visa and Attend LA ORT as an International Student

How to Apply for F-1 Student Visa and Attend LA ORT as an International Student

Choosing to study in the United States is a wise choice. It is also a popular one! Did you know a total of 1,169,464 international students were studying in the U.S. in 2018? The U.S. offers a ton of opportunities for international students to learn, grow, and begin successful careers.

What is an F-1 Student Visa?

In order to study in the United States, international students need to be issued an F-1 visa. This is a visa issued to individuals from other countries coming to the United States to study in academic programs or English language programs. The F-1 visa holder must take enough courses to be considered a full-time student.

Why LA ORT is the Best Choice for International Students

airport travel

Here at LA ORT, we welcome international students and do our best to ensure their success academically and in their future careers.

The school is located just east of the city of Beverly Hills, the home of celebrities and fashion center of Los Angeles. LA ORT campus is near many shopping centers and major attraction areas of Los Angeles.

Los Angeles ORT College has more than 30 years of experience in providing language training programs. Our ESL program focuses on conversational English, as well as Grammar and Vocabulary. Besides classroom instruction, the program also includes computer lab with audio/video module to enhance the learning experience.

LA ORT’s programs and courses are all accredited by national accrediting agency of ACCET. International students with F-1 visa, who continue their education with any of our Associate degree programs, upon graduation, could apply for Optional Practical Training and receive permission to work in USA, for a period of one year, under their student visa.

How to Apply as an International Student to LA ORT College

To be admitted as an international student at LA ORT, you must do the following:

Complete Application for Admissions Form for International students.

Submit a copy of your passportthat has a picture.

Submit a copy of your high school diploma, which should be translated into English.

Submit a copy of your bank statement, which shows a minimum of $16,000 if you are enrolling in ESL program or a minimum of $22,000 if you are enrolling in a technical training program.

Note –If you do not have a bank statement with the required amount, you may use a sponsor. The sponsor needs to complete the Affidavit of Support I-134 form and attach the sponsor’s bank statement.

Pay the non-refundable I-20 Application Fee of $100in international money order, credit card, or a personal check from a bank in USA, payable to LA ORT.

Where to Send Application Materials

Once you have gathered and completed all of the above, send all the items to LA ORT at the same time. You may send these documents by email to or by mail to the following address:

Los Angeles ORT College
International Student Admission
6435 Wilshire Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90048

What Happens Next?

After we receive all of the necessary documents, we will review your application for admission. If you are approved, then we will mail you a completed I-20 document and an acceptance letter.

Once you receive the completed I-20 document and an acceptance letter, you will need to schedule an appointment for your visa interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in the country where you live. You will need to take all these documents to this appointment to apply for your F-1 visa. Additionally, you will be required to pay an I-901 fee to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security for the F-1 student visa application fee.

We are happy to assist you with the process of applying to LA ORT as an international student and obtaining your F-1 student visa. Please contact LA ORT at (800) 998-2678 or visit for more help.

Before you go – are you following us on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter? We’d love to connect with you in our online communities!