Career College Is an Option for You
It’s that time of the year that high school seniors are deciding on their future career paths and options. Society will beat the idea of getting a 4-year degree or enlisting in the military in your head, but what are your options?
When it comes to the cost of higher education, it seems like going to a community college is a no-brainer. While community colleges are financially affordable, their employment value and the time it takes to receive a credential leave a lot to be desired for the following reasons:
- Courses in community colleges are mostly academically oriented, having little employment value, as their program content doesn’t align with the work-related skills employers are seeking.
- Although the programs at community colleges are meant to be completed in just two years, lack of state funding and irregular enrollments don’t allow community colleges to offer all the prerequisites needed in order to graduate on time. Most students spend 3 to 4 years to complete the required courses.
- After graduating from a community college, it’s hard to find an active job placement service. The Career Services Department at community colleges are self-driven by students and provide minimal guidance to match your skills to the jobs out there.
Students at Los Angeles ORT Career College don’t face all these problems:
- LA ORT students follow a schedule of courses that guarantees on time graduation if the students attend their classes regularly.
- Because LA ORT classes are scheduled for every day attendance, students can follow the curriculum at a much faster pace than the schedule offered by community colleges. This means receiving your Associate degree in one year as opposed to two.
- Receiving your degree in one year could put you ahead 2-3 years in working at a good paying job.
- With help from LA ORT’s active job placement assistance, you’re more likely to find the job you are seeking rather than going through unrelated bulletin board announcements at community college Career Services.
Do yourself a favor by making LA ORT the right option for you. LA ORT College offers programs of trending career fields that are in high demand. The programs are short term and will provide you with all of the necessary tools and information to excel in your career. Contact one of our colleges in Los Angeles near you and find how our student services and financial aid can help you accelerate your career. ORT offers many programs and mentoring that opens the doors to your dream job.