LA ORT Offers Free GED Prep
Without a High School Diploma, It’s tough getting a good job or pursuing higher education. Los Angeles ORT is here to help! Get your GED!
Getting your California High School Equivalency Certificate (GED) is the first step to creating a better life for yourself and your family.
LA ORT College offers free GED preparations classes! The classes are totally free, you only pay for books, classroom materials and initial testing. Our instructors give you the attention you need to make sure you are ready for the GED exam, that you can pass it and receive your GED certificate.
Here are some of the benefits of having a GED:
- Opportunities for better employment. Many employers require a GED or High school diploma as a minimum educational requirement.
- You will be able to apply for financial aid for college. As of July 2012, the US Department of Education is only offering financial aid to students with a High School Diploma or GED.
If you are undocumented, earning a GED may even help you get Work Authorization because of the DREAM Act. The following conditions apply:
- You must have come to the US at the age of 15 years old or younger.
- You have continuously resided in the United States since June 15, 2007, up to the present time.
- You must be between the ages of 15-31 years old.
- You must demonstrate good moral character.
(Other restrictions may apply.)
Once you have your GED, you will be able to apply for any program you like at LA ORT including the following:
- Administrative Assistant
- Medical Office Management
- Medical Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Digital Media
- Computer Graphics & Desktop Publishing
- Computer Aided Design & Drafting (CADD)
- English as a Second Language
- Business Management
You will also be able to apply for financial aid!
Take the first step to creating the life you want, in a career you love by registering for our GED preparation classes…they are FREE. Contact your friendly Student Advisor or call 1-800-998-2678. We look forward to helping you towards a better future.