ORT College Celebrates Administrative Professionals Everyday
Administrative Professionals’ Day was April 24th, and at LA ORT College every day is the right time to celebrate administrative professionals. We acknowledge and appreciate them for all the energy, skill and dedication it takes to support organizations and staff.
- Administrative Assistance and Secretaries – Performs clerical and organizational tasks to support business operations and staff. They file documents, draft email announcements, schedule meetings, answers phones and greets clients or customers. The median salary is $34,660.
- Police, Fire and Ambulance Dispatchers – Answers emergency and non-emergency calls. Obtains information from the caller and sends out the appropriate number and type of units. The median salary is $35,370.
- Tellers – Processes bank transactions including cashing checks, depositing money, and collecting loan payments. The median salary is $24,100.
- Bill and Account Collectors – Works with debtors to collect past due payments. Also negotiates payment arrangements to assist the debtor in finding a payment solution that makes it easier to pay off debt. The median salary is $31,310.
- Cargo and Freight Agents – Coordinates and facilitates incoming and outgoing shipments for transportation companies and other businesses. The median salary is $37,150.
- English proficiency in speaking, listening, reading, writing
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Technical and business writing skills
- Introduction to the internet
Our graduates obtain careers in industries such as medical, education, accounting, government and more. The ladies in the photo to the above are examples of graduates who are now working as administrative assistants.