The Ultimate Job-Seeker’s Checklist
When you’re looking for a new job, there’s a lot to keep in mind. To make it a little bit easier, we’ve pulled together the ultimate checklist for those on the job hunt. If you can check off everything on this list, you’ll be well prepared to stand out from other applicants.
- Write an attractive resume
- Compose a professional cover letter
- Imagine your cover letter as your opportunity to introduce yourself to the recruiter. Who are you? What’s your experience? What skills will you bring to the table? Check out our post on How to Write a Successful Cover Letter.
- Prepare for the interview
- Recruiters can really tell if you’ve prepared for an interview or not. Do your research, and you will stand out from the crowd. Not sure how to prepare? We’ve got you covered.
- Ace the interview
- Follow-up after the interview
- While it’s not absolutely necessary, a follow-up email after the interview is a nice touch. It puts you at the front of the recruiter’s mind, and it shows them you are professional, prompt, and courteous.